Beginner Executive Competition

Discussion in 'Taekwondo Sparring' started by Mister Chris, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Mister Chris

Mister Chris New Member

Hello, I'm new to the TKD world and I just earned my yellow belt at our WTF dojang. I competed in my first tournament this weekend and won gold in both poomse and sparring. Luckily, I was allowed to compete in the Senior division. Man those younger guys were tough! But I succeeded in winning. After a discussion with some of my friends, I realize there are not going to be many executive aged beginner/intermediate ranked competitors in the future tournaments, not for sparring at least. I also realize that most tournaments will not mix division competitors since that's why they have the divisions in the first place. Honestly, I love to spar and I would rather not go to the next several tournaments and be awarded the medal because there was no one to fight. Is it a bad thing if I do not disclose my true age and compete in the Senior division, just so I can get the competition experience? If I win, or if I lose, I do not really care, I just want the experience. I have friends that I could ask but they are not Taekwondoka and they'll just tell me that I should join BJJ instead. Not an option I'm willing to pursue at this time, I love TKD! Anyways I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter and I would like your advice. Thank you for your time!

3. canadiankyosa

canadiankyosa Active Member