I wish I could

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Finlay, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

Flashy or not what is one kick you wish you could do now.

It may be one that you are working towards now. If you feel like sharing your progress go right ahead.

For me I have 2, both sort of flash but not too much

1. A strong and slow high section side kick.

2. Solid, fast extended axe kick

I am.out with various injuries right now (been a rough month) so no progress on this

3. John Hulslander

John Hulslander Active Member

720 kick for a number of reasons.

Mainly it would mean that my knees are back to my 15 year old self.
    Since that isn't going to happen, I will go with a good slow under control high traditional roundhouse kick.

Part of it is that not only is it a functional kick, but being able to do that means my flexibility is way up, also if I could do that then based on the mechanics of the kick, I could do any number of other non aerial kicks to a level that would be something for my aging self.

Rugratzz likes this.
  4. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

I can perform all pattern kicks besides reverse hook kick, high section. There is something about the mechanics of this kick that prohibits me from executing it, that I have not found it with any other. I guess the spin, extention, retraction is one move to many, while a simple reverse turning kick is keeping the leg in the same straight position, and it thus easier.

5. Mario Ray Mahardhika

Mario Ray Mahardhika Active Member

720 as well.
    1) I almost make it, got the spin but my kicking leg refuses to extend, only lifted
    2) I'm afraid I will never make it if I postpone, as I'm getting heavier and older

6. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

I think many of us wish they were a few (some of us many) years younger, muscles and joints more forgiving, enjoying a good hard training session and not suffering for the next week.

I would love to be able to deliver a nice slow side kick. These days I try to keep one foot planted on the ground, so some jump kick and spinning jump kicks are out of the question unless you are a hobbit, my hips dont work as well as they should, (if I was a horse I would have been shot years ago)

RR