Looking for participants for university study on martial arts and personality type

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by northface, Mar 10, 2017.

1. northface

northface New Member

Hello

My name is Alan Buchan from Scotland. I am primary school teacher, father of 3, keen martial artist and psychology student, in my spare time with the Open University UK. I am a 2nd Dan in Tukido started by Grandmaster HA Teh in Scotland. I am completing my final module as part of my BSc Psychology (Hons) and would really appreciate my fellow martial artists of any style to complete the questionnaire about martial arts and personality. It should take about 15 minutes to complete.

I am attempting to gather as many responses from as many styles as possible including taekwondo, judo, karate etc so any help this martial arts community can give me would be greatly appreciated. This is not phishing or spam and all responses are confidential and require no personal details. The study has received ethical approval from the Open University and all information is confidential and stored securely. The email of my supervisor is available on request and the university e-mail is on the first page of the questionnaire should you have any concerns. I cannot post the questionnaire link until I have been registered for 2 days or had 2 likes so if anybody is interested I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance if you take the time to help me out and if not all the best in your taekwondo journey.

All the best

Alan

GB-UK and akisbat like this.
  3. northface

northface New Member

Until I am able to post the link to the questionnaire can I ask if it would be something members of this forum would take the time to complete?

Cheers

Alan

akisbat likes this.
  4. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

Always ready to help a fellow Scott

northface likes this.
  5. northface

northface New Member

Thanks Finlay

When i get clearance to post the link i will do so.

Cheers

Alan

6. northface

northface New Member

7. northface

northface New Member

Thanks to anybody who responded

Alan

8. northface

northface New Member

9. GB-UK

GB-UK New Member

Hi, I've just completed your questionnaire. I'm a returnee to TKD but many moons ago got to red belt in Tukido before a knee injury stopped me training. There aren't any Tukido clubs around here now (Tyne & Wear) though there used to be a few! Many broke away and became independent, the largest being the Northern Freestyle Karate Association. Is Tukido still going strong in Scotland?

10. northface

northface New Member

Thanks for that. Tukido is predominantly in the central belt of Scotland and Malaysia now. Numbers not massive but I've been doing it for 9 years and still love doing it. Hope your enjoying your return to TKD.
    Alan

11. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

HI

There was a Tukido club that seems to have quite a few members in my area a few years back.

When you say Scotland and Malaysia, do you mean world wide that those are the only places that it has numbers?

12. GB-UK

GB-UK New Member

Going off the Tukido website it does look like they now have schools only in Scotland and Malaysia.